Blogging: The Gateway to Self Publishing
Starting a blog is a great way to develop some self promotion. Especially if you are struggling with freelance writing or with Self Publishing your own book. Blogging is a great way to attract visitors to your site, who can become part of your everyday tribe. It also helps to promote your personal brand and your overall SEO. Here are some of the pros and cons of blogging.
- Little to no start-up costs. Blogging is basically free, all you need is some time and a little commitment.
- Blogging is a sure fire way that your site is always being updated, which is great because a site that is updated frequently really increases your SEO( Search Engine Optimization). Google naturally favors sites that are constantly being updated.
- Overall blogging is a great way to promote your own personal brand. Especially if you’re trying to build a following in your industry of expertise.
- Blogging is a great starting point for people who are wanting to write a book, because you are getting in the habit of writing down your thoughts, while building a group of followers.
- Blogging is a lot of work. Most people don’t actually understand the effort it takes to write a good blog and often end up quitting within the first year. To have a successful blog you need to be able to write at least 1 engaging article a week. It would be smart to make sure you have a good overall theme that you feel like you could build off of.
- According to WordPress 53.1 million new posts are published each month from their bloggers alone. That’s not including a myriad of other large blogging formats. I’m not saying this is a reason not to have a blog, it’s just good to know the reality of the industry you’re trying to get into.